- Build and manage an organization that could include multiple teams to accomplish company objectives for developing and implementing state-of-art machine learning algorithms that have product impact;
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and coaching to the foundation team;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to understand business needs, set technical and research roadmap for AI Foundation or even company level machine learning roadmaps (at Director level);
- Lead cross-organizational projects to improve features/models that benefit company OKR;
- Set visions for company’s research direction to be industry leading in areas of personalized discovery, natural language processing and related areas;
- In this position, you are expected to lead your team members on one or more of following R&D areas to provide cutting edge solutions or core technologies for SmartNews. At this senior management level, you are required to have overall understanding of corporate AI landscape, and set visions/roadmaps in its directions with senior members of the team;
- General Machine Learning, Deep Learning;
- Natural Language Processing (entity recognition, categorization, text embedding, etc);
- Computer Vision, Image Processing;
- Knowledge Graph;
- Recommendation, Collaborative Filtering Algorithms;
- Promote AI first culture and distill AI mindset across engineering teams.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in designing and implementing state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms, and applying them to real world problems;
- Industry leading expertise in certain domain of machine learning techniques, especially in deep learning, natural language processing, recommendation systems, computer visions;
- Long term track record of leading AI teams to successfully deliver improvement of features/models to production systems with high impact;
- Able to build a strong team through hiring, as well as mentoring/growing machine learning scientists by constantly challenging them with solid support;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- Ph.D in computer science, mathematics, physics or other quantitative fields.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Strong interest in news media and our mission;
- Strong domain expertise in recommendation algorithms.