- Set technical and research directions for one of more of major areas of AI Foundation and able to lead its implementation;
- Able to solve hardest issues of expertise areas ranging from fundamental algorithm development, implementation and optimization to deliver product metrics;
- Lead cross-functional projects to improve features/models that benefit company OKR;
- In this position, you are expected to have deep domain expertise on one or more of following R&D areas to provide cutting edge solutions or core technologies for SmartNews recommendation systems (Ads, News, etc);
- General Machine Learning, Deep Learning;
- Natural Language Processing (entity recognition, categorization, text embedding, etc);
- Computer Vision, Image Processing;
- Knowledge Graph;
- Recommendation, Collaborative Filtering Algorithms.
- Minimum Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing machine learning algorithms, and applying them to real world problems;
- Solid Machine Learning background and deep understanding of certain domain of machine learning techniques, especially in natural language processing, recommendation systems, computer visions;
- Experienced to deliver improvement of features/models to production systems with support of cross-functional teams;
- Ability to optimize/debug hardest feature/model problems of the team;
- Have good record of publication in his/her domain of expertise;
- Good written and spoken communication skills, can work across functional teams;
- Strong coding abilities in multiple programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python, Scala);
- MS in computer science, mathematics, physics or other quantitative fields.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Ph.D Degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or other quantitative fields;
- Strong interest in news media and our mission.